One night I was dropping off a birthday card for Lucy & Charlotte’s dad. Lucy came running into the living room. She had her nightgown on. She said, “Did you bring a card for my Daddy? Is it a birthday card?” When I said it was she yelled, “Dad! Amy has a birthday card for you.”
I was trying to just drop off the card and leave quickly, so I wouldn't intrude. As her dad was coming from the kitchen Lucy ran out again and said excitedly, “’We’re having a special birthday dinner for my daddy!” I said “How exciting Lucy! Well, you enjoy.”
Then her dad came out and asked me if I’d like to join them for dinner. Then Lucy came running back to the door, and she yelled very excitedly, “Bye Amy! Bye, bye! BYE!” I just had to smile. She gets so animated and is so sincere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment